Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX

Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole

Hey guys,

New to optimaforums, i was installing my led reverse lights (courtesy from K5optima store) and i noticed i had a yellow wire could be for video and a black what looks like a power wire. Another thing i noticed was a hole in my trunk were i would think the reverse camera would be but not sure. Question i have is does anyone know what the wires are or if maybe the hole is not for a reverse camera and something else? I was told i dont have UVO and before i order the unavi x5 i just wanted to see if the wires are for a camera or if i need to reroute the wires

Any help would be great i also attached pics to show the wires

thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole-20170319_144024.jpg Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole-20170319_144021.jpg Rear wires dangling in trunk behind clothe and a hole-20170319_144015.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Definitely for a rear camera. You might have had a aftermarket head unit install before. I just turn in a Sonata and remove my head unit and rear camera I left the wires in the trunk. If I remember right the unavi use a different wiring setup than a standard head unit.

Lube Jockey
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    Yep, there was an aftermarket camera on there before. They used the reverse wires to power up the camera. They saved you some steps if you ever decide to put a backup camera in. Also I would defiantly cover up the hole where the factory cam goes in. You dont want water going in there causing problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Thank you for your order with us. The good thing is, if you do decide to order the UNAVI System from us, it does include a free backup camera that will mount exactly in the same position as the original factory camera mounted. (Covering and closing up that space)
    ​​

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    thanks for the response guys, yea im looking for for a way to cover that space up with rubber or something or even buying a used trunk and installing that or even a CF trunk that will hopefully have the cutout already.

to bad its not the oem camera hole and the previous owner cut that small peice open. I will decide soon thank you

Year
    Model
    Black SX Prem. & Tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3ntforce View Post
    too bad its not the oem camera hole and the previous owner cut that small piece open.
    But that looks like the OEM camera hole, are you sure it is not exact same dimensions as OEM hole?

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFatty View Post
    too bad its not the oem camera hole and the previous owner cut that small piece open.
    But that looks like the OEM camera hole, are you sure it is not exact same dimensions as OEM hole?

good question. from what the kia dealer told me, the hole on the left is something someone cut, the rubber part on the right of is the oem camera hole. not sure if they were right. if anyone has pictures with an oem rear camera it would help me.

Lube Jockey
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    good question. from what the kia dealer told me, the hole on the left is something someone cut, the rubber part on the right of is the oem camera hole. not sure if they were right. if anyone has pictures with an oem rear camera it would help me.
    Thats defiantly the factory camera hole. I have removed that camera plenty of times. The rubber button to the right is the trunk release button. You must of spoken with somebody that doesn't know the car well.

Year
    Model
    Black SX Prem. & Tech.
    Hahah if that big rubber part was plugging a hole for a camera, you must have had some big ass DSLR backup camera...

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    welp guess im never going back to that kia parts guy again. I was wondering how the hell is the bigger hole the camera hole since its not a normal size.

Good news for me though and since the previous owner set up the wires already i should be good to go with ordering the unavi x5

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread