Kia Optima Forums banner

Rear view mirror - Wiring?

[SX-T] : 
17K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TTTSDoc 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm wiring a radar detector to my rearview mirror. I have the rearview mirror wiring exposed (Red, Black, Blue, Orange wires). I'm just not sure which one is the positive/power, and which one is the negative/ground. Don't want to assume the red/black wires are. Can anyone assist?

See less See more
#2 ·
I am about to wire my radar detector to my rear view mirror. I have the same black, blue, red and orange wires as you. Was the black the ground and the orange the switched power? Did you insert the tap wires to the front or the rear of the molex connector? I'd appreciate any hints from your experience.

#5 ·
Hi all,

This is a great picture and wiring template example. The answer to the question for connecting a radar detector or camera that will turn on and off with the car is use the Black (#8 / GND) for ground and the Orange (#10 / IGN) for power.

#6 · (Edited)
Hey, y'all. I realize that this is an ancient thread; however, I'm wiring a 2011 Optima mirror (ECM, Homelink, Compass) into my 2001 F250. Only pins 6,7,8, & 10 are populated with wires on the mirror pigtail. What is OEC-? Does that have to do with the external temperature sensor? I really like the auto-dim and Homelink features and while the compass and temp aren't really necessary for me to enjoy the mirror, I wouldn't mind them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.