sub install question - tapping rear speaker wires at B-Pillar?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sub install question - tapping rear speaker wires at B-Pillar?

Riding Lawn Mower

sub install question - tapping rear speaker wires at B-Pillar?

in an effort to avoid taking the dash apart to get tothe back of the stereo - how hard is it to get to the rear speaker wires at the B-Pillar? I have a small class D sony amp (4x50) which i will run in a 3 channel config with 100W going to a 4ohm sub running free air, and will power the rear doors off the same unit. This simplifies my issue with needing to lower sub output without putting in an in-line attenuator so my wife won't flip out every time she's in the car (just fade the stereo to front. The amp has high level inputs built in, which keeps me from having to run RCA's to the front of the car (sure wish Kia had put in some 6x9's on the back deck...would have made life SO much easier )

Yes, i searched, and nothing came up with the time i was able to put in from work. I know i need to run a power cable but this path looks pretty clear to the passenger firewall and there are a number of grommets to go thru. Please keep in mind - i'm not your normal run of the mill novice, i'm just lazy in my old age and I still like my tunes. this stereo NEEDS some low end DESPERATELY. I worked at a local sound shop for about 8 years many moons ago and built a CRX that ran flat RTA with 138db...i can do this stuff...i just don't want to HACK this car...i'm a family man now

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

It's not hard to get to them at all, they run right under the kick plates, but identification of the wires can be a bit more tedious, as there are a metric $h!+ ton of wires in that bundle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread