GPS Map Data Update for 2013
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GPS Map Data Update for 2013

Learner's Permit

GPS Map Data Update for 2013

When I bought my 2013 Limited back in July of 2012, I discovered that the map data on my GPS was actually dated April of 2011 (version 4.04.15). And to add insult to injury, the map data updates that came out in October of 2012 (version 5), does not include 2013 model year Optimas with the next update not available until October 2013. In other words, the latest model Optima that I had purchased is now actually one year behind all 2012 and older Kia vehicles, with the map data almost 2½ years outdated when the next update is available!

I first called Kia Consumer Affairs back in August and inquired about the outdated map data and was told that I needed to call MnSOFT because it is a vendor issue, which I did. However, when speaking with MnSOFT, they said it’s the way they do their mapping and there’s nothing they can do about it and told me to speak with Kia. It seems, as a loyal customer of Kia (I also had a 2011 Optima Hybrid), I’m being caught in the middle between a non-caring manufacturer and a under-functioning vendor!

Living in the DC area, the frustration is obvious that the roads and POIs around here are always changing and, without a more frequent update, a GPS with outdated info is not useful and helpful at all ~ Does anyone else out there experience the same frustration?

GPS Map Data Update for 2013-2012-12-29-15.10.13.jpg

GPS Map Data Update for 2013-2012-12-29-15.04.08.jpg
    2013 Kia Optima SX Limited (Titanium Silver)
    2011 Kia Optima Hybrid Satin Metal (Premium)
    2011 Lexus HS250h (Premium with Navi)
    2010 Acura ZDX Grigio Metallic (Tech)
    2009 Mazda CX-9 Silver Grand Touring AWD (GP Asst Pkg, Moonroof/Bose/Sirius)
    2007 Acura MDX Nimbus Gray/Ebony (Tech, Sport, RES)
    2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited with Navi
    2004 Lexus RX330 with Performance Pkg
    2001 Lexus RX300
    1999 Lexus RX300

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Here we go again and again..............

2012 SWP/Beige EX, Tech/Premium, Spoiler, De/Rebadged, LED tails, 35% Tinted, 4,750K Low/High/Fogs, CHMSL Flasher, Sport Pedals, Catch Can, Mud Guards, 20mm RSB, Front Strut Bar, Custom LED DRLs, Cupholder LEDs, K&N Air Filter.

Learner's Permit
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm1 View Post
    Here we go again and again..............
    You must be a moron ~ If you don't like it, you don't have to write anything about it! At least I cared enough to write the president of Kia to complain about this!
    2001 Lexus RX300
    1999 Lexus RX300

Norm1 didn't mean to be rude. At least I don't think so. This topic has been talked before in another thread for some time now. Not sure if ur new to this forum. I too have the same issue 2013 SXL. Try searching for version 5.0 and it might come up. Please post if u get some type of response from Kia corp.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Learner's Permit
    Quote Originally Posted by tech4480 View Post
    Norm1 didn't mean to be rude. At least I don't think so. This topic has been talked before in another thread for some time now. Not sure if ur new to this forum. I too have the same issue 2013 SXL. Try searching for version 5.0 and it might come up. Please post if u get some type of response from Kia corp.

Maybe he didn't mean to be rude but he could have put it as you did! I did do a search on "GPS map data update" and didn't see anything, that's why I started this thread.

Also, my issue here has strictly to do with 2013 model vehicles ~ I just wish more of you would complain directly to Kia concerning your disappointment and frustration and maybe they will then do something about it. I've found that calling Consumer Affairs doesn't always work because there are some pompous asses there who wouldn't give you the time of day. I've had build-in GPS in all my vehicles since 1999 and never had this kind of issue! I will post as soon as I hear something from them.
    2001 Lexus RX300
    1999 Lexus RX300

Model
    2013 Optima LX
    Navigation Map Update - only $99

Here you go! Hope it helps.

2013 Kia Optima SX-T Remington Red.
    Premium and Tech package.
    Waiting for install:
    K5 Optima Store EXLED inteior 5k kit/license plate
    Megan street series coilovers
    HELO HE-881 20" ET-38 with 245/35/20 Goldway g2002 tires

Traded in: 2013 Kia Optima LX Satin Metal

Quote Originally Posted by My13OptimaSXL View Post
    When I bought my 2013 Limited back in July of 2012, I discovered that the map data on my GPS was actually dated April of 2011 (version 4.04.15). And to add insult to injury, the map data updates that came out in October of 2012 (version 5), does not include 2013 model year Optimas with the next update not available until October 2013. In other words, the latest model Optima that I had purchased is now actually one year behind all 2012 and older Kia vehicles, with the map data almost 2½ years outdated when the next update is available!

I first called Kia Consumer Affairs back in August and inquired about the outdated map data and was told that I needed to call MnSOFT because it is a vendor issue, which I did. However, when speaking with MnSOFT, they said it’s the way they do their mapping and there’s nothing they can do about it and told me to speak with Kia. It seems, as a loyal customer of Kia (I also had a 2011 Optima Hybrid), I’m being caught in the middle between a non-caring manufacturer and a under-functioning vendor!

Living in the DC area, the frustration is obvious that the roads and POIs around here are always changing and, without a more frequent update, a GPS with outdated info is not useful and helpful at all ~ Does anyone else out there experience the same frustration?

Concur. I have a 2013 SXL and despite what others are suggesting, MNSOFT says "no update available for 2013 Optima (4.04.15) until September or October of 2013". I will be calling Kia next. I too believe this is unsat. I read all 13 pages of that other thread and maybe I missed it, but I didn't catch anyone with a 2013 (4.04.15) that actually upgraded to version 5. did I miss it? is there someone out there who did this with success?
    2013 Optima SWP SXL

Lube Jockey
    Why/how is there not an update for the limited but the other models with navigation units do? Aren't they all using the same hardware?
    Last edited by motoracer1486; 01-03-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Learner's Permit
    Quote Originally Posted by jooset View Post
    Concur. I have a 2013 SXL and despite what others are suggesting, MNSOFT says "no update available for 2013 Optima (4.04.15) until September or October of 2013". I will be calling Kia next. I too believe this is unsat. I read all 13 pages of that other thread and maybe I missed it, but I didn't catch anyone with a 2013 (4.04.15) that actually upgraded to version 5. did I miss it? is there someone out there who did this with success?
    Yes, helibobber on the other thread got the V5 update installed on his 2013 SXL at his dealership. My dealership said it's not possible. Since the SXL was released earlier than the other 2013 Optima's a lot of them were manufactured before the map update was available. I believe Kia is colluding with MNSoft to say the update is not available for the 2013s so they don't have to update all these car's that were released with the old version of the software.

Yep, my '13 SXL was updated to ver USA.05.04.13 about a week after I bought my car. My dealer went to bat for me getting the free update.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements