[VENDOR][FS]: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store - Page 38
NEWS

  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

    Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 399

Thread: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

  1. #371
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    361
    Year
    2013
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    Did you get the Tru Spring option that comes with the struts? What's your fender height from the ground? And do you have aftermarket wheels? If so what size and offset? Thanks
    I did get the TruHart Springs as well. I'm using aftermarket 19x8.5 +38 offset. I don't know the fender height from the ground off hand. I used CARid to buy the wheels and tires and a reputable custom shop to do the install of both the suspension and wheels. The tech told me he had no trouble with alignment or rubbing.
    I'm happy to hear this info. Cause I'm getting the tru hart's with the springs as well and the wheels I got are the same 19x8.5 +38 offset as your specs. So that gives me some relief. How your ride quality? What are your tire specs? Thanks

  2. The Following User Says Kudos to Blackpearl For This Useful Post:


  3. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

  4. #372
    Learner's Permit audiorage22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    124
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.

  5. #373
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    361
    Year
    2013
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.
    Awesome to hear that the suspension and those wheels work out. Do you have a couple recent pics of the car from different angles I could see?

  6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

  7. #374
    Learner's Permit rhamej's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    128
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    I didn't get a before measurement, but I'm sitting 26 3/8 on the front and 27 in the rear with them on.

  8. #375
    Learner's Permit audiorage22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    124
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.
    Awesome to hear that the suspension and those wheels work out. Do you have a couple recent pics of the car from different angles I could see?
    I have a couple in my showroom but I will try to get a couple so you can see how far they stick out from the body in the morning.

  9. #376
    Learner's Permit audiorage22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    124
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by rhamej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    I didn't get a before measurement, but I'm sitting 26 3/8 on the front and 27 in the rear with them on.
    I will try to get a full measurement from the ground as well.

  10. #377
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    361
    Year
    2013
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.
    Awesome to hear that the suspension and those wheels work out. Do you have a couple recent pics of the car from different angles I could see?
    I have a couple in my showroom but I will try to get a couple so you can see how far they stick out from the body in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhamej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    I didn't get a before measurement, but I'm sitting 26 3/8 on the front and 27 in the rear with them on.
    I will try to get a full measurement from the ground as well.
    Sounds good!

  11. #378
    Learner's Permit audiorage22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    124
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Not sure if we measured identically but I centered the tape at the center point of the wheel. At the ground to the wheel well is 25 7/8 at the Front and almost perfectly at 26 in the rear. I wish I would have gotten a measurement on the stock wheels.

  12. #379
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    361
    Year
    2013
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Not sure if we measured identically but I centered the tape at the center point of the wheel. At the ground to the wheel well is 25 7/8 at the Front and almost perfectly at 26 in the rear. I wish I would have gotten a measurement on the stock wheels.
    Awesome. I'm going to measure mine on my stock wheels tomorrow.

  13. #380
    Learner's Permit rhamej's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    128
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Not sure if we measured identically but I centered the tape at the center point of the wheel. At the ground to the wheel well is 25 7/8 at the Front and almost perfectly at 26 in the rear. I wish I would have gotten a measurement on the stock wheels.
    Wow, your 235/40's compared to my 245/40's almost drop it an inch more

  14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [VENDOR][FS]: 2011-2015 Kia Optima Complete Combo LED Package - K5 Optima Store
    By K5 Optima Store in forum K5OS - LED & HID Lighting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 07:16 PM
  2. 03 optima rear shocks/struts
    By furyfrank in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 03:33 PM
  3. [VENDOR][FS]: 2011-2015 Kia Optima Complete Combo LED Package - K5 Optima Store
    By K5 Optima Store in forum K5 Optima Store
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2