[VENDOR][FS]: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store - Page 38
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    Did you get the Tru Spring option that comes with the struts? What's your fender height from the ground? And do you have aftermarket wheels? If so what size and offset? Thanks
    I did get the TruHart Springs as well. I'm using aftermarket 19x8.5 +38 offset. I don't know the fender height from the ground off hand. I used CARid to buy the wheels and tires and a reputable custom shop to do the install of both the suspension and wheels. The tech told me he had no trouble with alignment or rubbing.
    I'm happy to hear this info. Cause I'm getting the tru hart's with the springs as well and the wheels I got are the same 19x8.5 +38 offset as your specs. So that gives me some relief. How your ride quality? What are your tire specs? Thanks

2. The Following User Says Kudos to Blackpearl For This Useful Post:

3. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    I did not get the most expensive tires. I got all season NEXEN (235/40R19 H) tires. I actually tested the suspension before installing the 19's so I can compare. I have to say I was impressed with the response to the highway on the stock 16's. I noticed a little stiffness on 19's but since wearing them in a little, it's gotten much smoother. I think the drop on both ends is perfect as well.
    Awesome to hear that the suspension and those wheels work out. Do you have a couple recent pics of the car from different angles I could see?

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    I didn't get a before measurement, but I'm sitting 26 3/8 on the front and 27 in the rear with them on.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Awesome to hear that the suspension and those wheels work out. Do you have a couple recent pics of the car from different angles I could see?
    I have a couple in my showroom but I will try to get a couple so you can see how far they stick out from the body in the morning.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by rhamej View Post
    I didn't get a before measurement, but I'm sitting 26 3/8 on the front and 27 in the rear with them on.
    I will try to get a full measurement from the ground as well.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    I have a couple in my showroom but I will try to get a couple so you can see how far they stick out from the body in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhamej View Post
    I will try to get a full measurement from the ground as well.
    Sounds good!

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Not sure if we measured identically but I centered the tape at the center point of the wheel. At the ground to the wheel well is 25 7/8 at the Front and almost perfectly at 26 in the rear. I wish I would have gotten a measurement on the stock wheels.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Not sure if we measured identically but I centered the tape at the center point of the wheel. At the ground to the wheel well is 25 7/8 at the Front and almost perfectly at 26 in the rear. I wish I would have gotten a measurement on the stock wheels.
    Awesome. I'm going to measure mine on my stock wheels tomorrow.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Wow, your 235/40's compared to my 245/40's almost drop it an inch more

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast