[VENDOR][FS]: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store - Page 37
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoreyna View Post
    so you still bottom out even with the truharts?
    Yes.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    Very interesting. Wonder if I would have a problem with the 38 offset.
    If you go with 38 offset, I'd go with 235/35 tires. But then you will sacrifice some comfort having a shorter sidewall. Honestly, I'm probably not the best source for all this. This is the first time I've done something like this to a car other than wheels and tires and minor cosmetic stuff. Never dealt with lowering before.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Update about the fender liner from the dealer. The 18" liner is the one I have on my car. So when I got home I jacked it up and took out the heat gun. I was able to push it up and mold it really easy. The only spot I couldn't mold was the part right around the screw towards the front. It baaaaarely rubs now on hard hits. I will have to live with it I guess till that little part just rubs away. Or when I go back to the shop for an alignment update I'll add a little more negative camber. Meh, I'm done messing with it for now. It's taking up to much of my time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by rhamej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoreyna View Post
    so you still bottom out even with the truharts?
    Yes.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Very interesting. Wonder if I would have a problem with the 38 offset.
    If you go with 38 offset, I'd go with 235/35 tires. But then you will sacrifice some comfort having a shorter sidewall. Honestly, I'm probably not the best source for all this. This is the first time I've done something like this to a car other than wheels and tires and minor cosmetic stuff. Never dealt with lowering before.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Update about the fender liner from the dealer. The 18" liner is the one I have on my car. So when I got home I jacked it up and took out the heat gun. I was able to push it up and mold it really easy. The only spot I couldn't mold was the part right around the screw towards the front. It baaaaarely rubs now on hard hits. I will have to live with it I guess till that little part just rubs away. Or when I go back to the shop for an alignment update I'll add a little more negative camber. Meh, I'm done messing with it for now. It's taking up to much of my time.
    OK I get ya. I'll figure this one out. I might even stay with 18" wheels. There cheaper and so are the tires.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    OK I get ya. I'll figure this one out. I might even stay with 18" wheels. There cheaper and so are the tires.
    19x8's would be fine if you want to go with 19's. You are only talking 1/2 inch. 1/4 inch a side. You could definitely go with 235/40's and have no issues I bet. The rub on mine is actually the width, not the height. If the tire was a 1/4 inch more inset into the wheel well, all would be fine. I bet I wouldn't even have had to roll the fenders or have negative camber. I am going to attempt one more fix later today to get rid of that spot around the screw. Will report back later.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    19x8's would be fine if you want to go with 19's. You are only talking 1/2 inch. 1/4 inch a side. You could definitely go with 235/40's and have no issues I bet. The rub on mine is actually the width, not the height. If the tire was a 1/4 inch more inset into the wheel well, all would be fine. I bet I wouldn't even have had to roll the fenders or have negative camber. I am going to attempt one more fix later today to get rid of that spot around the screw. Will report back later.
    The wheels I'm getting are 19x8.5. I either want to do a 235/35/19 or a 245/35/19

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    The wheels I'm getting are 19x8.5. I either want to do a 235/35/19 or a 245/35/19
    38 offset? I'd go with the 235/35/19 just to be safe then. With a 38 offset your wheel will poke more than my 40 offset.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    38 offset? I'd go with the 235/35/19 just to be safe then. With a 38 offset your wheel will poke more than my 40 offset.
    What about a 235/40/19?

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    What about a 235/40/19?
    It would very close on my car with a 38 offset. Hard to tell.

Update on mine. Finally, no more rubbing! Took a dremel to the fender liner on the inside corner of that screw right where the bumper meets the fender. All good now. And I didn't have to dremel much at all. Hit the big dips and nothing! Man, glad that's over now.
    Last edited by rhamej; 11-11-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    How low is the drop with the Eibach springs? I'm on truhart and I believe it's 1.6 on the rear and 1.5 in the front. Eibach must be lower for you to have been rubbing with a 40 offset.
    Did you get the Tru Spring option that comes with the struts? What's your fender height from the ground? And do you have aftermarket wheels? If so what size and offset? Thanks

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Optima Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by audiorage22 View Post
    Did you get the Tru Spring option that comes with the struts? What's your fender height from the ground? And do you have aftermarket wheels? If so what size and offset? Thanks
    I did get the TruHart Springs as well. I'm using aftermarket 19x8.5 +38 offset. I don't know the fender height from the ground off hand. I used CARid to buy the wheels and tires and a reputable custom shop to do the install of both the suspension and wheels. The tech told me he had no trouble with alignment or rubbing.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast