[VENDOR][FS]: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SX-T
    Trim
    Premium Touring Package
    Any idea what the EiBach Pro Kit drop will be when using these TruHart struts/shocks?

I have the Sonata version EiBach springs on my K5 with stock struts/shocks. While I like the drop, the ride leaves something to be desired.

Very interested in seeing how that combo seems to work out!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    2012 Optima SX w/Premium Touring Pkg, "Spicy Red" | 57K miles
    Purchased 7/2012, built 3/13/2012 at GA plant.
    Mods: LAP3 UncleBoost tune, Injen SRI w/hydro-shield, 3/8" Magnefine Trans filter, PIAA Sports Horns, Fumoto Qwik-Valve, Saikou Michi OCCs (PCV&Intake), HKS M40XL Plugs, OEM fender "Turbo" badges, Ultra Racing FSTB, Nameless MM/MP/CP, Theta2 TBS, CP-E CBE, UR Crank Pulley, Eibach Pro-Kit w/TruHart, Advanti Kudos rims

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Quote Originally Posted by williamhood View Post
    Any idea what the EiBach Pro Kit drop will be when using these TruHart struts/shocks?
    Good question , also interested in this. I don't I want to go any lower than where I'm at on eibachs.
    Concept 3 CF Mirror Base | Interior Led Kit | K5 Trunk Badge | Eibach Pro Kit | Enkei Raijin 18x8 ET40 | Yokohama YK580 | 3.0 Carbon Fiber Rebadge | Rear Bumper Led's | Mud Guards | Chevy Sonic Turbo Badge (lulz) | KK Carbon Fiber Diffuser |
    Injen SRI | KK CF Mirror Caps | CF Vinyl Trim Overlay | Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar | CPE Catback | Nameless chargepipe and bov

Driver's License
    I have Ark GT lowering springs and want to make sure if I pull the trigger on these that my ride height will stay the same.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by williamhood View Post

I have the Sonata version EiBach springs on my K5 with stock struts/shocks. While I like the drop, the ride leaves something to be desired.

Very interested in seeing how that combo seems to work out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoreyna View Post
    Good question , also interested in this. I don't I want to go any lower than where I'm at on eibachs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MYKIAOPTIMA View Post
    I have Ark GT lowering springs and want to make sure if I pull the trigger on these that my ride height will stay the same.
    This kit will in no way affect the ride height of your existing lowering springs. This kit just replaces the shocks and struts on your vehicle.

Therefore whatever lowering springs you have now this kit will not affect that height whatsoever. You would still have the same drop height as before as the spring is what determines the ride height.
    ​​

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    This kit will in no way affect the ride height of your existing lowering springs. This kit just replaces the shocks and struts on your vehicle.

Therefore whatever lowering springs you have now this kit will not affect that height whatsoever. You would still have the same drop height as before as the spring is what determines the ride height.
    Sweet I'll be ordering soon.
    Concept 3 CF Mirror Base | Interior Led Kit | K5 Trunk Badge | Eibach Pro Kit | Enkei Raijin 18x8 ET40 | Yokohama YK580 | 3.0 Carbon Fiber Rebadge | Rear Bumper Led's | Mud Guards | Chevy Sonic Turbo Badge (lulz) | KK Carbon Fiber Diffuser |
    Injen SRI | KK CF Mirror Caps | CF Vinyl Trim Overlay | Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar | CPE Catback | Nameless chargepipe and bov

Learner's Permit
    What is the recommended mileage to replace our stock shocks/struts??

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    I might snag a set and run them through the winter. I never sold my Eibach Pro Kit when I got coils. Something told me they might come in handy at some point.

I just ordered a set of Swift Springs for my coils. I'll probably test those out for a bit and then throw a set of these on and do a head to head comparison. Cheap coils with quality springs vs cheap struts with lowering springs...Battle Royale! Who knows maybe the cheap struts will win.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Optimasatin View Post
    What is the recommended mileage to replace our stock shocks/struts??
    My 2011 had lowering springs and my struts were pretty loose by 60k. That's about par for the course for me lowered or not with most vehicles I've owned (60k-80k). I hate worn shocks and the lowering springs just made that loose feeling worse. OEM struts cost me over $600 for my 2011.

The one of the front struts on my coils were starting to leak around 60k miles too. I am running softer springs and I ran them year round in pretty tough conditions. Damping was still solid though.
    2015 SWP/Black EX Premium with 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    255/40R19 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position.
    Gone at 92k - 2013 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Megan EZ Street coilovers, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    235/40-19 Michelin Primacy MXM4.
    Gone at 68k - 2011 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Eibach springs, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    225/40-19 Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires.

CXJ
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Waiting to hear on the guys who have lowering springs installed on stock struts to compare the difference in comfort levels. So far I keep reading that coilovers are the only option if you want a 1.25" -1.5" drop with some comfort.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    2012 GDI
    I will be following this!--those that have purchased, keep us in the loop.

Learner's Permit
    I actually got my TruHart shock/strut delivered 2 days ago...I'm just lazy and too busy to get it installed. I'll try to get it install probably early next week...let's hope. Anyone in RDU area wanna help me(or I try to help you since i don't work on my car smh) install lmk if not i'm going to dealer to get it installed.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast