[VENDOR][FS]: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    I had these installed yesterday with Eibach springs and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I'm coming from a stock setup and these make the car feel like it should have from the factory. It's OEM, but firm with a sportier feel. Honestly, I don't even think my wife is going to notice that I changed anything. I've gone over some bumps already and it really takes them well.

This is a great alternative from coilovers and really alleviates the issues with installing lowering springs on stock struts. I had coilovers on a previous car and really I was annoyed with them the whole time. I never felt I could dial in the adjustments the way I wanted them. With these, you get rid of the burden of having to make these choices (how low should I go?, how stiff do i want it?). Plus, no noise issues!

In short, thank you David for bringing a great product to the community

2. The Following 2 Users Say Kudos to Remy For This Useful Post:

3. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post

This is correct, thank you. I would not really recommend using anything to modify the springs to make them larger in height.
    I agree. I would consider it with lowering springs and stock struts if I wanted to add preload because there isn't much to start with, but it would probably be a tight squeeze on these could cause more harm than good. But, if someone wants to try, it's possible.
    2015 SWP/Black EX Premium with 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    255/40R19 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position.
    Gone at 92k - 2013 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Megan EZ Street coilovers, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    235/40-19 Michelin Primacy MXM4.
    Gone at 68k - 2011 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Eibach springs, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    225/40-19 Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires.

Learner's Permit
    minor update on my ride. Still happy with firmer feel of my ride. it is sportier, firmer and leans alot less but does that mean it handles better? who knows but i like to think so. I passed 3,000 eco points on my way to Asheville. I have to say my wandering feel of my steer is minimized, this was my biggest complaint. I put few thousand miles on the TruHart shock/strut and feeling is very minimal. Hope it doesn't come back. one more thing, i noticed my ABS, ECS light came on and right after low tire pressure light started blinking. I'm guess it's VSS from the research. I turned my car off and turned on and it was gone so I drove home with no problem.
    Last edited by mkz341; 12-15-2015 at 10:23 PM.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Question for you pros out there. Will I get rubbing using these struts/shocks with Eibach springs? I have stock 17" wheels and stock tires on my '15 EX. Thanks!

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I had these installed yesterday with Eibach springs and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I'm coming from a stock setup and these make the car feel like it should have from the factory. It's OEM, but firm with a sportier feel. Honestly, I don't even think my wife is going to notice that I changed anything. I've gone over some bumps already and it really takes them well.

This is a great alternative from coilovers and really alleviates the issues with installing lowering springs on stock struts. I had coilovers on a previous car and really I was annoyed with them the whole time. I never felt I could dial in the adjustments the way I wanted them. With these, you get rid of the burden of having to make these choices (how low should I go?, how stiff do i want it?). Plus, no noise issues!

In short, thank you David for bringing a great product to the community
    You are very welcome sir and thank you for placing your order with us and for your continued support.

I have to agree with you that I think this is a great alternative to coilovers for those that aren't wanting to spend over thousand dollars.

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review of the product. Please be sure to leave some feedback on our product page of the site as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    I agree. I would consider it with lowering springs and stock struts if I wanted to add preload because there isn't much to start with, but it would probably be a tight squeeze on these could cause more harm than good. But, if someone wants to try, it's possible.
    Yep exactly, possible but most likely not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by mkz341 View Post
    minor update on my ride. Still happy with firmer feel of my ride. it is sportier, firmer and leans alot less but does that mean it handles better? who knows but i like to think so. I passed 3,000 eco points on my way to Asheville. I have to say my wandering feel of my steer is minimized, this was my biggest complaint. I put few thousand miles on the TruHart shock/strut and feeling is very minimal. Hope it doesn't come back. one more thing, i noticed my ABS, ECS light came on and right after low tire pressure light started blinking. I'm guess it's VSS from the research. I turned my car off and turned on and it was gone so I drove home with no problem.
    Great to hear yet another wonderful review on these. As of today we are almost at 30 sets sold in less than six weeks, so I'm just happy to see all of these great reviews coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
    Question for you pros out there. Will I get rubbing using these struts/shocks with Eibach springs? I have stock 17" wheels and stock tires on my '15 EX. Thanks!
    If you do not have any rubbing issues now, which you should not, then you would not develop any rubbing issues with your current wheels and springs after installing this kit.
    ​​

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    If you do not have any rubbing issues now, which you should not, then you would not develop any rubbing issues with your current wheels and springs after installing this kit.
    Thanks!
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I do not have the eibachs yet but am running totally stock suspension.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
    Thanks!
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I do not have the eibachs yet but am running totally stock suspension.
    You're welcome, and no need to apologize at all. Yes these are designed to work with any brand of lowering springs, including the Eibach's which have the least drop out of all of the lowering springs available for the Optima.
    ​​

CXJ
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Order has been placed!

David from the optima is a great person to work with. He even called to make sure these would fit my 2012 model before he shipped. I brought these to pair up with my 19" gen trac wheels an eibach springs.Everything will be installed all at once coming from a 100% stock setup

Year
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    grats, I liked the ride before, but honestly I like it a hell of a lot more now, the install isn't very difficult at all either. enjoy!

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by CXJ View Post
    Order has been placed!

David from the optima is a great person to work with. He even called to make sure these would fit my 2012 model before he shipped. I brought these to pair up with my 19" gen trac wheels an eibach springs.Everything will be installed all at once coming from a 100% stock setup
    Thank you for placing your order with us online.

Also thank you for the nice words as well, I really appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by wade001 View Post
    grats, I liked the ride before, but honestly I like it a hell of a lot more now, the install isn't very difficult at all either. enjoy!
    I am so happy this product hit the market, especially at the price point it did!
    ​​

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast