Kia Optima Forums banner

TruHart Optima/Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo - K5 Optima Store

84K views 425 replies 53 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·

Is proud to bring to the Optima community:

TruHart Optima/Sonata/K5 Sport Shocks/Struts Combo

(BUY NOW)

Description:
When you install a set of lowering springs on your Optima or Sonata, the OEM factory shocks & struts take much more abuse than normal
This is due to the fact that your OEM struts & shocks are not really designed to work with aftermarket lowering springs
With this setup, you won't have to worry about your shocks & struts prematurely wearing out
This kit is specifically designed to work with vehicles that have lowering springs installed
Included in the kit are (2) Struts and (2) Shocks and a TruHart Limited Lifetime Warranty
This product includes FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the continental USA

Vehicle Applications:
2011-2020 Kia Optima (All models)
2021-2023 Kia K5 (All models)

2011-2019 Hyundai Sonata (All models)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

See less See more
#5 ·
Finally an Eibach solution !

#6 ·
The majority opinion has been that coils are better than springs due to the wear on the OEM shocks/struts with springs, bottoming out, etc. Does this change now with these? Will a TruHart/spring combo perform just as well as coilovers for half the price?

#8 ·
As I just installed my springs I may be interested in this so I can possibly save my stock suspension before it's too late. But I wonder how these preform with the varying springs on the market, different compression rates, drop heights, etc..

Seeing as d2 collaborated on these it might make sense that the d2 springs would be the best fit, I guess time will tell. I wonder how they would do on my eibach springs.

#9 ·
Awesome find David! :)
So these plus aftermarket lowering springs versus coilovers. I know coils offer ride height adjustability but other than that fact, why would you ever purchase coils now?

#21 ·
Any idea what the EiBach Pro Kit drop will be when using these TruHart struts/shocks?

I have the Sonata version EiBach springs on my K5 with stock struts/shocks. While I like the drop, the ride leaves something to be desired.

Very interested in seeing how that combo seems to work out!

#22 ·
Any idea what the EiBach Pro Kit drop will be when using these TruHart struts/shocks?
Good question , also interested in this. I don't I want to go any lower than where I'm at on eibachs.

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
I actually got my TruHart shock/strut delivered 2 days ago...I'm just lazy and too busy to get it installed. I'll try to get it install probably early next week...let's hope. Anyone in RDU area wanna help me(or I try to help you since i don't work on my car smh) install lmk if not i'm going to dealer to get it installed.

#31 ·
Is anyone running D2 springs in a northern state/ state that gets a winter? I'm wondering if these will be too low and if I should just go with the Eibach springs. I like the dropped look, but not wanting to put the money into coilovers if this option pans out to be a viable one with some long term assurance on the shocks and struts. Thoughts?

#36 · (Edited)
Got these in and installed on 11/11/15. Went with the truhart springs also. Install was as expected. As far as ride quality I have to stay its pretty **** good. Stiffer then stock but still a great ride. Ride height is good too. I started to get a clicking noise from the front right sometimes and by the time I made it back home to NC from FL the sound started to get worse. It started as a slight ting and progressed into a creak. After some diag once I got back I found the inside spring can start to rub on the inside base of the strut. If you look at the stock setup the spring has a plastic sleeve located at that location on the spring to prevent this. I used a part from one of our tsb/recalls to solve this issue and it was only a couple bucks. I do not know if other spring will have the same issue. I haven't been able to drive it more since I fixed the sound issue but so far I have to say this setup is pretty awesome especially for the price.

#38 ·
What is the $2 fix and how is it used?

#42 ·
#50 ·
Negative, these are specifically designed to work with aftermarket lowering springs, which means that they would not wear out prematurely as a normal set of struts or shocks would if you had lowering springs installed on the vehicle.

With these being brand new to the market, it's tough to estimate how long they should last for before they start to wear out. However keep in mind that they do have a limited lifetime warranty on them which basically is covered more in depth here:

The limited lifetime warranty with this product covers any manufacturers defects for the lifetime of the product, on the originally installed vehicle.

It does not cover any parts that have been abused, modified, incorrectly installed, or used on any other application other than what the product was originally designed for.