Side Mirror glass
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side Mirror glass

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Trim
    SXL

Side Mirror glass

So, I'm at the car wash, almost to the end of the tunnel. The big air dryers come on, and I can see my windshield wipers flopping around due to the high air movement being generated.

"I'm so glad I folded my mirrors in, now they won't get damaged ", I thought to myself.

HA!

I notice wiggling in the corner of my eye. Just as I turn to look, I see my driver side mirror glass come loose and start vibrating wildly in the high car wash tunnel winds.

"No big deal", I thought. I'll just pop the glass back on and all will be well.

WRONG!

I have messed with the glass for almost an hour, and Googled endlessly for double that, trying to find out how the stupid glass goes back on.

So this morning I drove to the local Kia Stealer and the guy looks at the mirror for 4 seconds and says, "You need a new mirror", and then walks off.

All I want to know is whether or not my clips are broken, and what the thing is SUPPOSED to look like normally. Unless I'm a complete imbecile (which may be the case) I can't find a single thing online. I can't be the only one with this problem.

I have a 2013 Optima SXL.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

LED MASTER
    01/2013 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    K5
    Trim
    KS-EX
    Left hand or right hand side? I have an extra right hand side I can sell to you.

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    It's the left side....if i take pics of mine, could you tell me what's broken?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Griffmob - I had my driver's mirror replaced under warranty. As I went thru the car wash the dealer sent me to, the same thing happened to me. My mirror still had the clips on the back (4 of them). I was pissed but was able to push it back in. I'm going to take it back, since it vibrates more than I like. Hope that helps.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima Turbo
    Trim
    Optima
    Side Mirror glass-optima-mirror.png
    Here is a diagram from the KIA Catalog

Im pretty sure the actuator has the male clips and the back of the mirror has the female clips, It should just clip onto the actuator, as long as the clips arn't broken

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Here are some pics of the back side of my mirror glass. All the clips and everything seem like they're all intact to me. But the mirror won't go on securely.

Side Mirror glass-img_0631.jpgSide Mirror glass-img_0632.jpgSide Mirror glass-img_0633.jpg

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T

Side Mirror glass

Quote Originally Posted by Griffmob View Post
    Here are some pics of the back side of my mirror glass. All the clips and everything seem like they're all intact to me. But the mirror won't go on securely.

Attachment 219417Attachment 219425Attachment 219433
    Yes they looked fine to me from what I see but I could be wrong too lol, I've taken these mirror off so many times on my K5 and replaced a few as well. I have a brand new set of left and right at home, I'll take a look and take some pictures for you so you can compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DINO2K; 03-14-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2013 Kia Optima SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Thanks DINO2K!

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T

Side Mirror glass

Quote Originally Posted by Griffmob View Post
    Thanks DINO2K!
    Even though we have a crappy winter storm right now but I managed to look for it in my garage and hopefully it can help you.

Pass mirror

Driver mirror

Judging by your first few pictures it looks like your driver mirror got round plastic piece broke off and stuck to your mirror which is the reason why you can't reattach it. Notice how both of my mirrors have a empty hole about 2" in the center and yours have some sort of plastic housing stuck on to it, you might need to replace the housing which is the part that moves your mirror up/down/left/right.

Last edited by DINO2K; 03-14-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    Quote Originally Posted by DINO2K View Post
    Even though we have a crappy winter storm right now but I managed to look for it in my garage and hopefully it can help you.

Judging by your first few pictures it looks like your driver mirror got round plastic piece broke off and stuck to your mirror which is the reason why you can't reattach it. Notice how both of my mirrors have a empty hole about 2" in the center and yours have some sort of plastic housing stuck on to it, you might need to replace the housing which is the part that moves your mirror up/down/left/right.

This is correct. He broke off the part that connects to the motor. The white part right in the middle. Those 8 little clips that are on the circle is the part that is supposed to unclip from the motor housing.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast