Kia Optima Forums banner

Kia Optima - Automatic Power Folding Mirror Module - K5 Optima Store

178K views 725 replies 181 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·

Here to introduce to the Optima Forums:

The Kia Optima Auto Folding Mirror Module

(BUY NOW)

This module will work with all 2012-2015+ Kia Optima's that have power folding mirrors.
(Will also work with the 2011 models if you have retrofitted the power folding mirrors)

This module takes your vehicle's existing power folding mirrors, and automatically folds them in or out when you lock or unlock your doors.
(Works with both your keyfob & button on the door handle.
You can also bypass the module at any time by using the button on the driver's side door panel)
We have sold over 800+ of these units to members on this forum as of 2/20/2021..

Please feel free to email us with any questions you may have: Sales@K5OptimaStore.com

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

See less See more
1 2
This post has been deleted
#7 ·
put me on #4 please!

#9 ·
I might be interested, but before buying I still want to know;

With this item installed, and doors set to auto lock, when you unlock the car (mirrors fold out), get in, start it up, put it in to gear (mirrors still in driving position) and the auto lock doors lock again with you inside, do the mirrors stay out or do they fold because the lock has been triggered? Thanks to anyone who can TEST this answer as this might be a deal breaker for me.

#10 ·
No problem that's an easy answer for me to give you. The first thing I tried when I got the module installed & started driving was to try locking or unlocking the doors from inside the car and seeing if it affected the module for the mirrors at all. It does not, the only way to control the mirrors when locking or unlocking the doors is from the factory keyfob or from the button on the outside of the door handle and that's it.

Test completed! You in??

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd be in David.

Assuming it's a general install non specific to Sx.

#24 · (Edited)
Let me start by answering your first question. There is absolutely no more wear and tear on the motors of the mirrors with this module installed then there would be without the module installed assuming you used them every time you got in or out of your car which is what I do all of the time anyways.

The second question is correct, in that if your mirrors motor or motors went out then it would be covered under warranty. I do recommend that any time you go to the dealer for warranty work that you remove any modifications that are easy to do so. In this case since there are only two wires to connect it is extremely simple to remove since the main harness is plug & play. But it is entirely up to you. Technically if the mirrors or motors needed to be replaced the door panel may or may not even have to be removed.

Ohhhhhh I thought you were offering the whole unit and everything..

My EX doesn't have power folding mirrors lol

I'm dumb.

Lol nah your not dumb it's ok it's easy to get confused. However I did try to cover that in the video at 16-27 seconds or so.. You could always retrofit the factory mirrors with motors for about $400 tho.

#28 ·
know where i can get the switch cover with carbon fiber? the one offered on ebay is just a plain window switch cover..

#36 ·
What's the magic number you need to move ahead with this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

At the moment I'm waiting to hear back from my supplier but I may need to purchase 50 units or more to make it profitable to do. However I am only looking for about 20 maybe 25 members to show interest to move forward with the purchase.

Also keep in mind that I've only had the post up for about 51 hours and I already have 13 people that are interested. Give it a couple more days and I'm sure we'll have enough.

#37 · (Edited)
A couple of members have messaged me privately letting me know that they purchased a module on their own and asked me if I can help them with the wiring since I mentioned this module I am offering has only two wires that you have to splice & the rest are plug & play. (These members had a different module) Unfortuneately I could not help them..

Keep in mind the module I am offering is plug-and-play and allows you to only have to splice two wires, while most every other module out there is NOT plug-and-play and requires you to splice into more than 10 wires! This is one of the reasons for a slightly increased cost with this module versus other ones you can find.