Optima may be going bye bye
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optima may be going bye bye

Optima may be going bye bye

We took in a 2010 SHO with 14k miles on it. Obviously I can buy it well since I will write my own deal and it will be Ford certified so I will own it well and have a good warranty. 3.5 TT has a ton of torque and i have found a bunch of power tuners to make it a 12 second car with no supporting mods. Its about as fast as a 5.0 mustang, but very comfortable, has 5 seats and is super quiet. Silver with black suede seats and Nav. Synch destroys the system in the Optima and it has almost every option but doesnt have proximity keyless entry.

Im torn. I don't dislike my Optima aside from the color. Anyone have any experience with the Taurus SHO?
    '12 SX Touring/Tech Ebony Black
    '07 MDX Tech Nimbus Grey Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran NewKiaSXOwner's Avatar
    Its up to u black as usual. I think the SHO is a great car. A little to much $$$ for my blood right now but the HP and sync seem pretty nice.

I guess it boils down to what vehicle u see yourself in long term. Hard choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Link to Mods. NewKiaSxOwner's Garage

Riding Lawn Mower
    I don't know how you feel about fuel economy but from the ratings that I have seen on fuelly.com the SHO gets fewer MPGs than the Optima. Like NewKia said it really comes down to what you see yourself in long term but if it were me I would choose the vehicle that has the better warranty and the better fuel economy. Just my $.02.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NewKiaSXOwner View Post
    Its up to u black as usual. I think the SHO is a great car. A little to much $$$ for my blood right now but the HP and sync seem pretty nice.

I guess it boils down to what vehicle u see yourself in long term. Hard choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    I can buy the SHO for 26865+++ and it books for almost 30 with the mile add. I'll be financing about 500 less than i did on the optima after my equity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhow View Post
    I don't know how you feel about fuel economy but from the ratings that I have seen on fuelly.com the SHO gets fewer MPGs than the Optima. Like NewKia said it really comes down to what you see yourself in long term but if it were me I would choose the vehicle that has the better warranty and the better fuel economy. Just my $.02.
    I average 19-22 overall in the Optima which really should be rated at 18-19 city mileage.
    Last edited by BlackonBlack; 07-05-2012 at 12:58 AM.

OptimaForums Veteran dsandersus's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    LX
    Is this the car? Ford : Taurus SHO | eBay

It's a nice car, lots of power. Good luck with whatever you do.

^ thats it

I'd miss the seat memory, heated and cooled seats, better gas mileage, and long warranty (especially when the interior is made of recycled materials). I also think the Optima styling is great while the Taurus is so-so. The rain sensing wipers might be nice if they work correctly (some are annoying). I can see why you would be tempted by the extra power, but the 4368 lb curb weight is a downer. I'm waiting for a canned tune for the Optima that will override the torque limits and bump the turbo power by 30-50 HP. Happy hunting.
    2012 Optima SX, Snow White, Premium, 18" Luxury Design Alloy Wheels, Splash Guards, Ultra Racing front strut brace

NTX
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    I like the Taurus SHO; it's got a good amount of tech features, the engine is fantastic, and it's got AWD. Having said that, the gas mileage seems terrible, especially in this day and age. Sure we may not all reach the current EPA mileage estimates with our respective driving habits, but on a standardized test, such as the EPA's, the SHO does a lot worse than the Optima overall. So if you're averaging about 19-22 overall with your Optima, you may very well see something in the 17-19 range with the Taurus.

OptimaForums Veteran NewKiaSXOwner's Avatar
    Great looking car..
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Link to Mods. NewKiaSxOwner's Garage

With the AWD SHO you will probably get about 15-16 around town and 23-24 on the highway. That twin turbo will be thirsty if you cant keep your foot out of it. Buddy of mine has a 2010 SHO and he gets those similar numbers.
    No more Optima. Back in a truck. Its been real...DIY Catch Can | DIY Rear Seat Removal | DIY Spring Swap

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast