Show Us Your Mug! (Member Pictures) - Page 36
NEWS
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Show Us Your Mug! (Member Pictures)

Super Moderator
    09/2015 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Look at post #232 and #234 to see how we began
    Congrats on the 1 month anniversary man! You two lookin good!
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/49...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: Wagner Intercooler|Injen SRI|845Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|Torque Solution Lower Engine Mount|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    09/2015 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Well fed family car View Post
    Me and my second son. Not even a week old yet. Add my two year old me and my wife are just loving the craziness
    That's awesome! Enjoy because they get to 16 years old quick enough and want some wheels of their own! LOL.
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/49...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: Wagner Intercooler|Injen SRI|845Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|Torque Solution Lower Engine Mount|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

Bam!

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Look at post #232 and #234 to see how we began

Mark, congrats and this has got to be one of the best story in a car forum in my eyes and you guys are still going strong. I can smell a baby coming up next year or so lol and wish you guys all the best in your future Cheers brother!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Being awesome every day! Jasper's Avatar
    Hahaha oh no baby is a few years away. House first. We are getting a dog in two weeks though. A little Morkie were calling Loki. He's our first child.

2014 KIA Rio5 EX Aurora Black

35% Tint
    Debadged
    Custom Oil catch Can

I support the K5 Optima Store
    for all my car part needs.

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Haha nice, we were opposite cuz we had 2 kids first before we bought our new house lol. I remember the feeling of excitement when we got our brand new house, GL on finding your dream house bud

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Model
    Optima-Black
    Trim
    SX-T Prem/Tech
    Getting to the point of getting in the house is most often a very frustrating experience for 1st time Home Buyers. The excitement could fizzle a bit - just a warning!

I inspect homes for a living and there's so much crap on the market because of all the foreclosures and homeowners that overspent, leaving them without the extra funds to MAINTAIN the home. That I fault Real Estate Agents for taking the Home Buyers shopping for homes at or above what they were pre-approved for. It's a great part of why the Real Estate market crashed!

When the time comes Jasper, make sure the Real Estate Agent doesn't rush you because that's what they're taught to do at their Continuing Ed seminars. "Don't give the Buyers time to think and get them to closing as quick as possible so you can get your commission check" is what I witnessed a speaker tell them at one of their conferences where I was exhibiting for a Home Inspection Association. It made me cringe to hear that.

I've dealt with so many Agents over the past 18 years doing this full time that I can closely estimate that 90% of them don't give a damn about Buyers but put up a great poker face to make you think they do while showing you homes. The key is to stay in control of your own interests and don't let them call the shots or rush you. Also, don't use anyone on a list they made provide, especially Home Inspectors. I'll guarantee they'll give 3 of the worst there is who will give a 'PASS' for every home just to get another referral from that Agent in the future.

Don't go into buying a home with great emotion. Approach it as a professional making a critical business decision and you'll be better prepared that way. If something doesn't pan out, let's say a bad home inspection, you won't flinch to move on to the next one.

Then when you finally get into one is where you can convert your emotion to great excitement, until your 1st mortgage payment comes.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by toptobottom View Post
    Getting to the point of getting in the house is most often a very frustrating experience for 1st time Home Buyers. The excitement could fizzle a bit - just a warning!

I inspect homes for a living and there's so much crap on the market because of all the foreclosures and homeowners that overspent, leaving them without the extra funds to MAINTAIN the home. That I fault Real Estate Agents for taking the Home Buyers shopping for homes at or above what they were pre-approved for. It's a great part of why the Real Estate market crashed!

When the time comes Jasper, make sure the Real Estate Agent doesn't rush you because that's what they're taught to do at their Continuing Ed seminars. "Don't give the Buyers time to think and get them to closing as quick as possible so you can get your commission check" is what I witnessed a speaker tell them at one of their conferences where I was exhibiting for a Home Inspection Association. It made me cringe to hear that.

I've dealt with so many Agents over the past 18 years doing this full time that I can closely estimate that 90% of them don't give a damn about Buyers but put up a great poker face to make you think they do while showing you homes. The key is to stay in control of your own interests and don't let them call the shots or rush you. Also, don't use anyone on a list they made provide, especially Home Inspectors. I'll guarantee they'll give 3 of the worst there is who will give a 'PASS' for every home just to get another referral from that Agent in the future.

Don't go into buying a home with great emotion. Approach it as a professional making a critical business decision and you'll be better prepared that way. If something doesn't pan out, let's say a bad home inspection, you won't flinch to move on to the next one.

Then when you finally get into one is where you can convert your emotion to great excitement, until your 1st mortgage payment comes.
    I wish I read this in the spring. Good info

Model
    2011 K5 Turbo
    Trim
    SX W/Premium
    The wife and I just passed our 1 year anniversary, here's a few updated pics:

2011 K5 Turbo - KDM Registry #0009 - Kia Optima K5 Owners - www.KOK5O.com

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    BuMp To ThE tOp!
    ​​

12. Remove Advertisements